6.3.09

dear xxx (2)

Dear xxx,


I have been told crying causes dehydration. My investigations into the matter have proved inconclusive. Pneumonia may be caused by a broken heart, and can indeed be fatal, lest we forget that life is always fatal.

One misplaced drop of water falling upon the water surface into a row of cups placed side-by-side can overflow the set.

“Pain is a flower...”

Positive imagery dedicates itself to sale, negative imagery to detraction, charity or fear, and the enigmatic to the sale of itself.

The purple/blue flowers of the Jacaranda fall in a carpet and are replaced by spiky stinging seed pods.

Which suffering engages me most? My own, not for lack of other suffering, simply because of its proximity to me. Subjectivity is possibly the only concept I can honestly celebrate. Sometimes washing dishes takes on a metaphysical ahistoricity, sometimes it doesn't. I wait. I sweep. Which suffering engages "us" most? There begins artistic genre.

The things I love most are tenebrous and I live in memory more than I live in the world of the living.



Alone is not alone until the world stops making noise, but it may be very lonely. As many wide lives may be netted in the catch as press attention.


regards

No hay comentarios:

Records